Our time in California and the West is going great. I am soaking up all the sun and the less than freezing temperatures and wearing flip flops everywhere. I haven’t had reliable internet connection lately so I was late to find out about being tagged for a meme. I didn’t know what a ‘meme’ was until now but I’ve rectified that. Normally, I’m the person that ends any chain letter or email forwarding campaign. I guess countless children have been robbed of an organ transplant because I didn’t send/forward that email to my friends in the next 8 minutes. Whoops. Anyway, it is different this time because I’ve been tagged by Jen of Use Real Butter, Diane of WhiteonRiceCouple, and Warda of 64sqftKitchen. I am a sucker for smart, funny women and these women are that and a bag of chips. They and their blogs kick royal ass.
Below are the rules of the game and some truly interesting and thought-provoking things you might not know about me:
The Rules, people:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
1. My all-time favorite movies: Braveheart, Pretty Women, A Streetcar Named Desire, Au Revoir Les Enfants, Officespace
2. When I was seven years old, I was so obsessed with Cyndi Lauper that I asked everyone – family, friends and neighbors to call me Cyndi. This lasted for over a year. I don’t delude myself as much anymore and I’ve stopped stalking her.
3. My favorite cartoon is Get Fuzzy by Darby Conley. I’ve read it since it’s beginning and ever since, it’s been a part of my daily reading. I love you Bucky!
4. I am addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. Pierre and I watch (and record) every episode and when the Top Ten finalists came to Detroit recently as part of their tour, we stood elbow to elbow with thousands of screaming teens, cheering our hearts out. It was so cool.
5. If I could be reincarnated as anything I wanted, I would be born into a Spanish family of Flamenco dancers and musicians. For me, flamenco dancing embodies everything about life and love — it is all these things at once: balletic, joyful, coy, explosive, sensual, deep, dark and melancholy and real… and as my friend Carmen says, flamenco dancers have fire in their souls and passion in their feet. ¡Olé!
The tageez (in alphabetical order of blog name):
The Farmer’s Marketer – it’s a dirty job, but someone’s got to do it.
Shayne of fruitcakeortnuts – she cooks and bakes with her adorable children. She’s a superstar.
The Guilty Carnivore – he’s funny, like pee-in-your-pants funny.
WanderingChopsticks – a fellow Vietster whose food blog I recently found and am now hooked on. She’s from the south-central region and we all know their food rules.
Now go out and buy da album, yo! Or just check them out – they rock :)